Sunday, October 25, 2009

Missing Mime Types option in IIS

I’ve been playing around with Silverlight 3 recently and until just now I’ve used the Visual Studio Development Server to run and debug the code. But when I changed to using IIS I got the following error when starting the application:

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight
Application Code: 2103
Category: InitializeError
Message: Invalid or malformed application: Check manifest

Google gave me several suggestions. One of them was to add the correct MIME types. However, the IIS Manager didn’t provide the “MIME Types” option to let me add them:

missing_mime_option

After feeling a bit puzzled I figured out that I could enable the “MIME Types” option by turning on “Static Content” in “Turn windows features on or off”:

how_to_enable_mime_types

The option appeared in the IIS Manager and it was allready configured with the needed MIME type for Silverlight apps. Problem solved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is possible and necessary :) to discuss infinitely

Lyynx said...

You've no idea how hard it was to find out which of the many options turned this on.

Thanks for the blog post!

Anonymous said...

Charming phrase

Anonymous said...

Bravo, your idea it is very good

Anonymous said...

Rather excellent idea


I can look for the reference to a site with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you. Hot Health

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I assume nice post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should prepare more info then it has.